Vegetable soup with whole wheat pasta: a concentrate of vitamins, minerals and fibers for a complete and healthy meal.
A vegetable soup is open to a variety of interpretations and so allows the cook to use his/her own fantasy to choose the most suitable ingredients: seasonal vegetables, legumes, cereals and so on. Therefore everybody has his own recipe.
… and this is my personal recipe and hope you’ll like it
Preparation time: 20 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes + 8 minutes for pasta
Ingredients for 2.5 liters of vegetable soup
- 2 carrots
- 1 fresch red onion
- 2 potatoes
- 1 celery stick
- 300 grams of green beans
- 1 garlic clove
- 300 grams of zucchini with flowers
- 500 grams of chard
- 1 bunch of basil
- 1 handful of parsley
- 1.5 lt water
Ingrediens for 4 servings of vegetable soup with whole wheat pasta
- 350 g of whole wheat short pasta
- vegetable soup
- Peel the carrots and cut them into pieces.
- Wash the zucchini and their flowers, cut them into pieces and chop the flowers removing the pistil.
- Peel the onion and cut into pieces.
- Peel the garlic and celery fray.
- Wash the beets and chop them up using your hands.
- Cut and wash the green beans.
- Peel the potatoes and cut them into pieces.
- Finally wash parsley and basil and separate the leaves from the stems.
- Put all vegetables in a pot (I use the pressure cooker), add cold water and bring to a boil.
- If you use the pressure cooker cook for about 15 minutes after the whistle, otherwise increase the cooking time to about 30 minutes.
- Add salt at the end of cooking and add 3 or 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Use the blender to reduce the soup to a cream.
- Take about 1.5 lt. of vegetable soup, add 300 ml of water, bring to a boil and add salt.
- Pour the whole wheat pasta, cook for the time shown on the package and serve topped with a little oil and grated Parmesan cheese.