Tiramisù cake, a delicious dessert with a sponge base soaked in espresso coffe, ladyfingers and a nice mascarpone cream.
Great idea for your next birthday cake!
Preparation time: 60 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes + 20 minutes
Ingredients for a Tiramisu Cake diam. 20 cm (6 servings)
(use the weight converter here under to get your weight in ounces)
For the sponge cake
- 3 whole eggs
- 90 grams of sugar
- 45 grams of potato starch
- 45 grams of flour 0 type
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
For the mascarpone cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 400 ml of milk
- 50 grams of flour 0 type
- 75 grams of sugar
- 150 grams of mascarpone cheese
For the finishing
- 18 ladyfingers
- 400 ml of espresso coffee
- 1 tsp of sugar
- dark chocolate flakes as much as necessary
- Preheat oven to 180° C or 160° C fan.
- Take the eggs and part the yolks from the whites. Beat the egg whites until stiff adding a pinch of salt
- Beat the egg yolks with the sugar until puffy and fluffy.
- Sift over the flour, the starch and the baking powder, add to the whipped yolks and mix very well.
- Add the beaten egg whites and fold in until combined using a rubber spatula, taking care not to lose volume
- Lightly grease one x 20 cm (base measurement) round cake tin, pour in the mixture, leveling, and bake for about 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the coffee and let it cool.
- Prepare the custard cream, beat the egg yolks with the sugar, add the sifted flour and mix well.
- Dilute the mixture with cold milk, adding a little at a time and making sure that this is well absorbed before adding more.
- Cook the mixture on a low flame for about 10 minutes since it starts making bubbles.
- When the cream is cold, add the mascarpone cheese and mix well to get a smooth cream.
- Cut the sponge cake into 3 layers and soak in the coffe sweetened with 1 tsp sugar.
- Spread the first sponge layer with the cream, and sandwich the cake alternating cake and cream: finish with the sponge.
- Spread a thin layer of cream on the edges of the cake. Cut the ladyfingers so that they may be about 1 cm higher than the cake, soak them in coffee and stick them around the edges of the cake.
- Fill the upper space between the surface of the cake and the ladyfingers edge with the remaining cream and decorate with the dark chocolate flakes.