Potatoes and ricotta cheese balls: few and simple ingredients like potatoes, ricotta (cottage) cheese, eggs and pecorino cheese, but a very peculiar coating made of breadcrumbs, grated parmesan cheese and sesame seeds.
Finally, baking instead of frying to get a very light but delicious dish!
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Ingredients for 4 servings of potatoes and ricotta cheese balls
- 5 medium potatoes
- 150 grams of ricotta cheese
- 100 grams of medium-aged pecorino
- 2 egg yolks
- 50 grams of grated Parmesan cheese
- nutmeg, salt, extra virgin olive oil as much as necessary
- sesame seeds and breadcrumbs as much as necessary
- Wash potatoes, punch with a fork and wrap in plastic suitable for microwave.
- Cook for about 7 minutes.
- Peel and mash the potatoes with a masher.
- Let them cool, then add the egg yolks, 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil, salt and mix well.
- Add the ricotta cheese, the grated pecorino cheese and the grated nutmeg.
- Mix well, take little portion of the mixtyre and roll them into balls as big as a walnut (or bigger).
- Mix the breadcrumbs with grated Parmesan cheese and sesame seeds, coat the balls with the breading.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and oil it with a brush.
- Arrange the potatoes and ricotta cheese balls on the baking sheet, drizzle with oil and bake in preheated oven at 180 degrees for about 15/20 minutes.
- Serve the balls warm or cold, as you like best.