In winter it’s always nice to find on the table a steaming bowl of soup, and this Chickpeas soup with maltagliati is just right for us.
Bacon, chickpeas and homemade pasta make this dish really tasty and complete, so do not miss the chance to prepare it for your family!
Preparation time: 1 hour
Ingredients for 4 servings of Chickpeas soup with maltagliati
- 2 cans of chickpeas
- 2 potatoes
- 80 grams of bacon
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- a pinch of dried sage and rosemary
- 1.5 liters of vegetable broth (water, 1 stalk of celery, 1 onion, 1 tomato, 1 carrot, salt)
- 1/2 red pepper
- salt as much as necessary
- 5 tablespoons of estra virgin olive oil
- 300 grams of no eggs homemade maltagliati
- grated parmesan cheese
- Start preparing the dough for the maltagliati, so that it will rest while you preprare the soup.
- Prepare the vegetable broth: put the vegetables in a pot and cover with cold water. Bring to boil and salt the broth.
- Let boil for at least 20 minutes.
- Peel and cut the carrots together with onion, sage, rosemary and bacon.
- Pour the extra virgin olive oil in a pot, add the mixture you have just prepared and fry for few minutes.
- Add salt, chili pepper and the peeled potatoes cut into cubes. At last add the drained chickpeas.
- Pour in the pot half of the vegetable broth and simmer with covered pot for about ten minutes.
- Remove from the soup half of the chickpeas and keep them aside: if you do not like a hot soup, also remove the chili.
- Use the mini pimer to reduce the legumes in a cream.
- Add the remaining broth to get a more liquid soup, add the chickpeas you set aside, and when the soup starts boiling add maltagliati.
- Cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Serve the Chickpeas soup with maltagliati with a generous topping of grated Parmesan cheese.